Vietnam immigration policies regulated that all the Omani citizens are required a visa to Vietnam for purposes of tourism, business, family visit or study. Those transiting at Vietnamese airports and not crossing immigration area do not need the visa.
From Oman, the travelers can apply for Vietnam visa by 2 options:
1. Apply for Vietnam visa at the Vietnam Embassy in Oman
Unfortunately, this option is not available for Omani citizens since there is NO Vietnam Embassy located in Oman at present. The travellers must apply for visa at the nearest Vietnam Embassy in neighboring countries or apply for a visa on arrival instead. Lear more about Vietnam Embassy in Oman
The process of Vietnam visa applied at the Vietnam Embassy in neighboring countries should be:
- Step 1: Complete the visa application form provided by the Vietnam Embassy or Consulates;
- Step 2: Submit the application form, original passport, 01 passport-sized photo, visa fee at the embassy. You can submit the documents in person or send by post;
- Step 3: Receiving your visa at the Vietnam Embassy or by post after 5 – 7 working days;
2. Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival via www.visumvietnamonline.com
Vietnam visa on arrival is a legitimate alternative to obtaining a full visa from the Vietnam Embassy or Consulates in neighboring countries. It is beneficial for Omani citizens who are living far from the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate and traveling Vietnam by air. Learn more how visa on arrival works.
When applying for Vietnam visa on arrival, there is no extra documents or original passport required. The Omani travellers just need to fill out the online application form, make payment online and receive a letter of approval issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department at given time. A full visa will be stamped onto their passport upon arrival airport in Vietnam.
The process of Vietnam visa on arrival:
- Step 1: Fill out the online application form;
- Step 2: Conduct payment with credit cards (or debit cards), PayPal, Western Union or bank wire transfer;
- Step 3: Get the visa approval letter delivered via email within 2 working days (normal processing) or 1 working day (urgent processing) or even 2 hours (emergency processing);
- Step 4: Pay the stamping fee and obtain full visa upon arrival airport in Vietnam.
There are some differences between Vietnam visa on arrival and traditional visa. However, once issued they have exactly same validity and condition of use:
|Description||Visa on arrival||Traditional visa|
3. Can Omani citizens apply for Vietnam e-visa?
From 1 February 2017, the travellers coming from 40 countries have 1 additional option to get Vietnam visa called e-visa (electronic visa). This is the new system to reduce barriers in visa processing, which is beneficial to the tourists staying in Vietnam less than 30 days. Unfortunately, the Omani passport holders are not in the list so they are not eligible to apply for Vietnam e-visa.