How visa on arrival works?
Step 1: Fill out the online application form
Enter the exact personal information of the applicants that matches the information on the passport including: full name, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number and select type of visa (1 month/ 3 months/ 6 months; single entry/ multiple entry; tourist visa/ business visa) and the proposed date of entry.
Step 2: Confirmation and pay the service fee
Double check your passport to make sure entered information is correct and pay for the service fee. Payment can be made with credit cards, PayPal, Western Union or bank wire transfer.
Step 3: Get the approval letter
The visa approval letter will be sent to the applicant’s registered email within 2 working days with instructions for the documents and procedure to get visa stamped upon arrival in Vietnam.
Step 4: Get visa stamped upon arrival
Present the passport, visa approval letter, photo, the completed application form for entry and exit Vietnam (NA1) along with stamping fee to the Immigration Officers to get your visa stamped at the arrival airport in Vietnam.
Notice on applying for Vietnam visa arrival
- Visa arrival works for air travel only, it means there is NO visa on arrival for overland/ border crossing or sea/water entry accepted. Therefore, if you DO NOT enter Vietnam by air, we highly recommend you to apply for visa at Vietnam Embassy or Consulates where you are living or staying in advance.
- No visa on arrival granted at the airport directly without approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department in advance. The legitimate visa approval letter should be arranged by an authorized visa agency several days, 1 month, or even 6 months before the departure. For urgent entry, the visa approval letter can be arranged in 1 or 2 hours with rush visa service.
- You should check the entered information carefully to make sure that they totally match the information on the passport. Also please double check the information from the visa agency’s confirmation (via email) to avoid any spelling or typo mistakes that you entered unintentionally. Normally, that may not be a big problem, however, in some cases your boarding will be refused by the airlines as the information on your visa approval letter does not match those in your passport. So, make sure you submit everything correctly and carefully.
- The visa validity will commence from the date of entry printed in your visa approval letter, NOT from the date you will enter the country. Thus, please make sure that you have a well planned trip of when to enter Vietnam before applying for a visa. You should write down your visa date of expiry or put it in your business note reminder on your smartphone to avoid any overstay. You will have a trouble with overstay when you leave Vietnam (might be not allowed to leave until you arrange another exit visa or forced to pay the fine fee 1,250,000 VND ~ 55 – 60 USD for less than 5 days overstay)
- Before leaving the immigration counter, you should check the visa stamp and visa sticker to make sure that the immigration officers at arrival airport put the right visa type, date of expiry and other information onto your passport. If there is any mistakes, please ask them to correct it immediately.
- Vietnam Immigration Department office is closed at the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and the public holiday. However, the immigration counter at arrival airport opens 24 hours everyday. You don’t worry if your flight arrives at night time on the weekend or holiday as there are immigration officers who always welcome and ready for help.
If you have any further inquiries, comments or feedback, please kindly contact us by phone number +84-912-685-141 or send an email to email@example.com. We are happy to assist you at our best!