Visa on arrival facility is obviously beneficial for those whose stay in the country with no Vietnam Embassy or Consulates office like Sri Lanka. The Sri Lankan citizens now can apply for Vietnam visa on arrival if they meet some requirements as below:
- The travelers must enter Vietnam by air;
- Their passport must be at least 6 months validity from the date of travel;
- They must have specific travel plan as well as the accommodation in Vietnam.
The sponsorship documents for Sri Lankan citizens who enter Vietnam for tourist purposes is no longer required. However, the travelers should apply for a visa before their departure date 3-5 days that the visa agency can arrange the approval letter without any hassle. With the authorized visa approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department, the Sri Lankan citizens can fly into Vietnam and pick up their visa at Hanoi Airport, Ho Chi Minh City Airport, Da Nang Airport and Nha Trang Airport and stay in Vietnam from 1 to 3 months.
1. Apply in person at Vietnam Embassy or Consulates
Embassy of Vietnam in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Address: No. 30/5, Ward Place, 7, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Tel: 2696050 (ext: 101,105) Fax: 2692040
Working hours: From 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday)
** Remember to prepare full the required documents for visa application at Vietnam Embassy in United Arab Emirates before coming there to save you time.
For a tourist visa, you will need to submit:
- Visa application form (will get from the Vietnam Embassy directly or download from their website);
- Two photos (usually 4 cm x 6 cm or 3 cm x 4 cm but not strictly);
- Your original passport (will be hold during your visa being processed);
- Visa fee (which varies from one Vietnam Embassy or Consulates to another)
A business visa usually also requires a sponsored letter and documents from the agency or company in Vietnam. The process usually takes 5 working days (in person) or 2-3 weeks (by post) depending on the service you use.
2. Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival
From Colombo, Dehiwala, Moratuwa or other cities of Sri Lanka, the applicants are instructed to follow 4 simple steps below to obtain a visa approval letter in 2 working days or even 2 hours in emergency cases:
- Select “Apply online“ from the main menu at www.visumvietnamonline.com;
- Fill in the form with required information and pay the service fee;
- Receive the visa approval letter within 2 working days (normal processing) or 1 working day (urgent processing) or even in 2 hours (emergency processing);
- Print out the letter, bring along with the passport, 2 passport-sized photos and the stamping fee to get on the plane and pick up the visa at arrival airports in Vietnam.
What the Vietnam visa approval letter for Sri Lankan looks like?
Authorized visa approval letter sample provided by visumvietnamonline.com
If you have any further inquiries, comments or feedback, please kindly contact us by phone number +84-912-685-141 or send an email to email@example.com. We are happy to assist you at our best!