Vietnam business visa
Vietnam business visa, which is categorized as visa NN1, NN2, NN3, DN, LV or DT, is granted to those who enter Vietnam for business purposes. A business visa can be valid up to 6 months or 1 year, for single or multiple entry. Except the travelers coming from the Vietnam visa exemption countries, all travelers are required business visa for working with the Vietnam Enterprises or seeking an opportunity to invest in Vietnam.
1. Who need a business visa for Vietnam?
Normally, Vietnam business visa is categorized into:
- NN1: Visa for managers of representative offices or projects of international organizations and foreign non-governmental organizations (NGO) in Vietnam;
- NN2: Visa for heads of representative offices, branches of foreign traders, representative offices of other foreign economic, cultural, professional organizations in Vietnam
- NN3: Visa for the people who come to work with foreign non-governmental organizations, representative offices, branches of foreign traders, representative offices of other foreign economic, cultural, professional organizations in Vietnam.
- DN: Visa for an expatriate who will work with a Vietnamese enterprise
- LD: Visa for the people who come to work
- DT: Visa for foreign investors in Vietnam and foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam.
In which DN visa is the most popular and it can be valid until 6 months or 1 year!
Like Vietnam tourist visa, the travelers can apply for business visa by 2 ways:
2. Apply for business visa at the Vietnam Embassy abroad:
In order to apply for a business visa at the Vietnam Embassy, the travelers must provide the documents as follows:
- Original valid passport: The passport must be valid for at least 6 months according to requirements of airlines with 2 blank pages. If there is no blank page on the passport, a loose-leaf visa will be issued.
- Application form: The travelers can download the application form from the Vietnam Embassy’s website or get it at their offices. The application must be filled with required information, signed and attached with a passport-sized photos;
- Sponsorship documents: These documents are provided by the travelers’ partners in Vietnam and it will vary from the Vietnam Embassy in this country to another country. Normally, it contains the legal status documents of the sponsor, the accommodation and working program of the applicants and the letter of sponsoring.
- Visa fee: The visa fee is various from embassy to embassy and it depend on length of stay and number of entry.
- Processing time: From 5 – 7 working days
3. Apply Vietnam business visa on arrival
This is an alternatives way to obtain a business visa to Vietnam in addition to the traditional way of obtaining a visa at Vietnam Embassy or Consulates abroad with much cheaper and simple process.
On the contrary to the Vietnam visa application at the embassy, the travelers don’t have to provide any sponsorship documents and the original passport as well. They just need fill out the application form and receive the approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department via email after 2 working days (normal service) or 1 working day (urgent service).
Vietnam business visa on arrival is quite legitimate as it is issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department through a authorized visa agency like www.visumvietnamonline. What you get from business visa on arrival is not only free stressed process but also a straightforward way to obtain a business visa for Vietnam. It is really beneficial for the businessman those are busy with their work and having no free time to chase down the embassy procedures. Once issued, business visa on arrival has same validity with the visa get from Vietnamese Embassy or Consulates abroad.
What you need to prepare for business visa on arrival?
- The passport details and an internet connected computer or smartphone for visa application;
- 2 passport-sized photos;
- The entry and exit form which should be filled in advance;
- The stamping fee 25 USD (1 month to 3 months single entry visa); 50 USD (1 month to 3 months multiple entry visa); 95 USD (less than 6 months multiple entry visa) and 135 USD (1 year multiple entry visa)
At the immigration counter of arrival airport, kindly submit your original passport with a minimum of 6 months validity, business visa approval letter, entry and exit form (NA1 form) attached with 01 passport-sized photo and pay stamping fee. Within 10 or 15 minutes (sometime it may takes 30 to 45 minutes), the stamped passport will be returned to you.
- The stamping fee must be paid BY CASH in USD or VND currency. The credit payment is not accepted and there is no ATMs at the airport for you to withdraw the money.
- The visa approval letter must be printed before getting on the plane and showed up at the immigration counter of arrival airport. You may got a problem at arrival airport if there was no printed approval letter in hand. In emergency cases, there is normally a printing shop at departure airport where you can print out the letter before checking in.
- If you forgot to bring along with a photo, you can have it taken at arrival airport and pay a little service fee. However, it should be well prepared in advance to avoid wasting your time.
- As same as tourist visa, business visa on arrival is available for air entry only. You could not pick up your visa at the border gate on land but you will pick up at arrival airport.
- The visa purposes could not be converted inside the Vietnam territory. For instance, you are entering Vietnam with a tourist visa (DL) this will not be converted to a business visa (DN). You must fly out, register DN visa and return Vietnam with this new one.
Business visa on arrival processing fee
|Business visa |
Cost per person (USD)
|Normal processing fee (2 working days)||Urgent |
(within 24 hours)
|Super urgent |
(4 working hours)
|1-2 pax||3-5 pax||6-9 pax||10 pax +|
|Single entry DN visa||1 month||$ 80||$ 78||$ 76||$ 74||plus $ 15||plus $ 30||$ 25|
|3 months||$ 105||$ 102||$ 100||$ 98||plus $ 15||plus $ 30||$ 25|
|Multiple entry DN visa||1 month||$ 90||$ 88||$ 86||$ 84||plus $ 15||plus $ 30||$ 50|
|3 months||$ 125||$ 123||$ 120||$ 118||plus $ 15||plus $ 30||$ 50|
|Long term visa, single or multiple entry DN visa||6 months||$ 290||$ 288||$ 286||$ 284||plus $ 30||NA||$ 95|
|1 year||$ 350||$ 348||$ 346||$ 344||plus $ 30||NA||$ 135|