Vietnam tourist visa
If the travelers, whose citizenship are not listed in the Vietnam visa exemption, plan to travel Vietnam for tourist purposes, and the visit does not exceed 3 months, they will absolutely need a tourist visa. Vietnam tourist visa will give the travelers a right for one continuous visit (single entry) or several visits (multiple entry) during their visa’s validity. The duration of visits in total should not exceed visa validity or they will be penalized for overstaying. If the travelers expect to stay longer for a business trip (up to 12 months) they should apply for Vietnam business visa.
Single or multiple entry
The tourist visa can be issued on single or multiple entry depending on your request. A single entry allows you to come to Vietnam only one time. Once you have left Vietnam, the visa will be cancelled even if it still remains validity. A multiple entry allows you to travel to Vietnam as many times as you want without having to reapply for the visa each time. The stamping fee for multiple entry visa is paid at the first entry only.
Who are not supported by Vietnam visa on arrival?
In order to travel Vietnam, the foreigners must have a valid passport and not be inadmissibility. A valid passport is the passport issued by your country which has at least 6 months validity and 2 blank pages for visa stamp. Temporary passports normally are not accepted.
There are a number of reasons that the travelers can be found inadmissible and refused to enter Vietnam under the Vietnam’s immigration policy, including:
- human or international rights violations
- organized criminality
- health grounds
The travelers holding the passport of the following countries can not apply for a visa on arrival, including:
12. Sierra Leone
Required information for Vietnam tourist visa on arrival
Vietnam tourist visa can be obtained at the Vietnam Embassy over worldwide or applied online straightforwardly at lower cost with much simple. In order to apply for a tourist visa on arrival and pick up visa at the Vietnam airports, the following information should be noticed:
- Your name on passport: it is your full name appears on your passport. Name order is not important, so you can place either surname or first name first.
- Your date of birth: in Vietnam, the date format will be dd/mm/yyyy
- Your nationality: stated on the passport you are using to enter Vietnam (UK, US or Australian…)
- Your passport number: as shown on your passport (normally at upper right corner of the passport) and should be valid for 6 months at least from the date of arrival.
- Date of arrival: it is not necessarily exact, you can fill in with proposed date of arrival. However, please be advised that you can only enter Vietnam later, NOT earlier than the proposed date of entry you provided. Moreover, 2 passport-sized photos are required at Vietnam airports before getting your visa stamped. If you don’t have time to prepare the photos before departure, you may have it taken at arrival airport with the Vietnam Immigration Officer escort.