Vietnam visa exemption
Vietnam visa is an essential governmental certification for foreigners to enter Vietnam. In other words, it is an essential certification issued by the governmental offices of Vietnam like Vietnam Embassy and Consulates abroad or Vietnam Immigration Department, which certified foreigners wish to enter the country.
Who needs Vietnam visa?
Generally speaking, most visitors need a Vietnam visa to enter the country except the citizens of the countries included in the Vietnam visa exemption list as below:
1. Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos passport holders for visits of 30 days at the maximum.
2. Philippines passport holders for visits of 21 days at the maximum.
3. Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia and Finland passport holders for visits of 15 days at the maximum and recent added countries including: Belarus, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom with 15 days visa free as well.
4. Brunei passport holders for visits of 14 days at the maximum.
5. APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies for visits of 60 days at the maximum.
6. For those who travel to Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam: Foreigners and Vietnamese holding foreign passports who enter Vietnam through an international border gate to travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay in Phu Quoc within 15 days will also be granted Vietnam visa exemption. Passports must be valid for 45 days at least. After the visitors’ arrival in Phu Quoc Island, if they want to travel to other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days, they will be granted visas there and then by the Immigration Department.
Requirements for Vietnam visa exemption:
The travelers must hold a passport valid for at least 6 months from date of departure from Vietnam and at least 30 days must have passed since last leaving Vietnam. If the travelers come back Vietnam within 30 days since last leaving Vietnam then visa is required as other citizenship. For those who expect to stay more 15 days without leaving the country, please refer to Vietnam visa extension.
For British passport holders, only holders of British citizen passports are eligible.
Who are not supported with Vietnam visa on arrival?
Even the citizen of the countries below are required a visa to Vietnam, however, they are not supported with Vietnam visa on arrival due to some security reasons. It is also known as Vietnam visa on arrival exception list:
12. Sierra Leone