Vietnam immigration policies regulated that all the citizens of Dominica are required a visa to travel Vietnam for purposes of tourism, business, family visit or study. Those transiting at Vietnamese airports and not crossing immigration area do not need the visa.
From Dominica, the travelers can apply for Vietnam visa by 2 options:
1. Apply for Vietnam visa at the Vietnam Embassy in Dominica
Unfortunately, there is no Vietnam Embassy established in Dominica at present. You may contact the Vietnam representative offices in Venezuela or Cuba to apply for a visa in person.
However, visa application at the Vietnam Embassy would not be always convenient, as you have to accept the following annoyances:
– You have to travel a long way from your location to the Vietnam Embassy that may incur high travel cost;
– Queue in front of the embassy hours during peak seasons to submit your visa application;
– Work with the busy embassy officers that will not always give you a comfort;
– The service is not applicable during holidays and weekends as embassies are usually closed;
– In some embassies, the consular section opens few hour a days that you may miss a visa application if you are late;
2. Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival via www.visumvietnamonline.com
Vietnam visa on arrival is a legitimate alternative to obtaining a full visa from the Vietnam Embassy or Consulates mentioned above. It is beneficial for those who are living far from the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate and traveling Vietnam by air. Learn more how visa on arrival works.
When applying for Vietnam visa on arrival, there is no extra documents or original passport required. The applicants just need to fill out the online application form, conduct payment and receive a letter of approval issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department at given time. A full visa will be stamped onto their passport upon arrival airport in Vietnam.
The process of Vietnam visa on arrival:
- Step 1: Fill out the online application form;
- Step 2: Conduct payment with credit cards (or debit cards), PayPal, Western Union or bank wire transfer;
- Step 3: Get the visa approval letter delivered via email within 2 working days (normal processing) or 1 working day (urgent processing) or even 2 hours (emergency processing);
- Step 4: Pay the stamping fee and obtain full visa upon arrival airport in Vietnam.
There are some differences between Vietnam visa on arrival and traditional visa. However, once issued they have exactly same validity and condition of use:
|Description||Visa on arrival||Traditional visa|